Imara is a mode of Reiki that vibrates on a higher energy level than most common Reiki traditions, and this can only happen once you have already been attuned to traditional Usui Reiki to the master level.
Many practitioners refer to Imara as a level 5, with the three levels of Usui being 1, 2, and 3, and Karuna Ki being a 4 on the Reiki scale.
Imara is intense energy. It feels slightly different, and as such:
• Imara does not use symbols
• Imara uses a different but easier way to pass attunements
• Imara specializes in healing past life issues
• Imara works well in healing repressed issues
• Imara can heal areas of life that lie in the unconscious, but still affect you
• Imara uses a strongly simple but intense distance healing procedure
• Imara users quite often experience visions of spirit guides/angels, etc
• Imara sessions quite often induce visions and messages from the spirit world
Barton Wendel first channelled Imara. He and his brother Geoffrey refined Imara into its current state that we learn here today.
Imara means ‘more’… referring to the higher energy vibration that it gives off.
Once attuned, it is easier to tap into than Usui, Tibetan Usui, Tera Mai, or Karuna Reiki, but you must be a Reiki Master of one of these or a similar tradition before receiving the full benefits of Imara.